Here are some portions of a beautiful song, which you mustn't leave without
reading whole, and eventually listening to it. Towards the end of it, Lauryn Hill's voice breaks at the words "wonderful" and "merciful," over and over, half-crying-half-singing, performer onstage before a crowd, solitary soul before God; it's a song I imagine any of us would sing, any of us who, like her in this song, know what grace truly means.
I Gotta Find Peace of Mind
Lauryn Hill
All that I've known is gone, all I was building on
I wanna walk with you, how do I talk to you
Touch my mouth with your hands, touch my mouth with your hands
Oh I wanna understand, the meaning of your embrace
Please come free my mind, please come meet my mind
Can you see my mind, oh
Won't you come free my mind?
Oh I know it's possible
You're my peace of mind, that old me is left behind
You're my peace of mind, you're my peace of mind
What a joy it is to be alive
To get another chance, yeah
Everyday's another chance
To get it right this time
Everyday's another chance
Oh what a merciful, merciful, merciful God
Oh what a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful God