Kapihan sa Kanto

Mga kwento sa kapihan mula sa isang operadang di na nagkakape.

Saturday, January 01, 2005

Molly's First New Year

This was Molly's first new year celebration -- I'm not sure if the fireworks and fire crackers fazed her at all. She was just curled up in her corner, as usual. When I came over to check on her, she looked curiously at the Alwina mask stapled to my 15-peso new year hat.

I remember how Popples would get skittish from all the racket.

We also had torotot con sombreros and little masks of feathers for the Mulawin fans. Apparently, from the looks of the various Mulawin paraphernalia for sale at the palengke earlier today (Mulawin on your torotot, Mulawin on your hat, Mulawin feathers on your mask), Mulawin is the theme of 2005's new year celebration. I never liked Krystala anyway.

I spent the afternoon with Tatay at the palengke shopping for paputok and torotot, and sago and pandan as requested by Nanay, and taking videos and photos till people started throwing suspicious looks at my lens.

We had lots of torotot this time around, and four fountains (two of which were quite special Alitaptaps straight from Bocaue -- perfect for the when-the-clock-strikes-twelve craziness), several lusis, and lots of photo and video sessions. Watusis are illegal now. Apparently, a lot of people die from those little red sticks.

Everyone's winding down now, the streets are quiet. We've just gotten back from taking the Ravenas home. As usual, our joint-family-new-year-celebration kainan and program was a riot. I'm not exaggerating here when I say riot. If you want a copy of the video so you can see what exactly I mean by riot, just drop me a note and you can... well, purchase a copy :P Or you can wait for the pirated version at Quiapo!

Anyway, happy new year to everyone! :)
|| kapihan sa kanto, 2:16 AM
|

Powered by Blogger