Kapihan sa Kanto

Mga kwento sa kapihan mula sa isang operadang di na nagkakape.

Saturday, March 19, 2005

International Women's Month

To celebrate with the women of the world, I'd like to make a tribute to the women in my life:

Nanay. She prayed for me on her knees through the toughest phase of my life, never stopped till God pulled me out, and years later is still praying. I will never know the agony that a mother endures in the moments of solitary prayer for an offspring's redemption; Nanay does it with joy.

Sistor. I have never talked much about my sister, Erika, but I have always known that even though I'm older and noisier, she is stronger. There is no bond more precious to me than the one I share with my sister.

Ethel. Some of you have heard the story that Ethel is my cousin, through the Bungkayaw family tree; if you believe that, then I will not rob you of your innocence. Some of you know that Ethel has been my classmate since Kinder 2, and has been my best friend all these years. Dati ang baon niya para sa meryenda ay Tupperware na puno ng kanin. She is in every way my opposite, but in many ways my sister. She treats me with a mixture of kid gloves and kind brutality, she understand where I am weak, she shares my joys. Recently, we have become older, and closer.

Ida. I will never forget that Ida gave me stickers of fish after I introduced myself and my quaint fish to UP Christmass. She is also one of the precious few who witnessed my special talent in the early days, and encouraged me to pursue a career in this area. That is why I am now a professional butt-shaker to the random public. Ida has held my hand and my heart through many struggles and joys. She is one of the kindest people I know, tireless in dispensing grace, kahit na minsan ay nauubos na din. Kaya kung may mananakit pa sa kanya, di na 'ko makakapanatiling tahimik. :P

Ate Jones. Lahat ng lalaki sa buhay ko, dumaan sa masusing kilatis ni Ate Jones. Si Micah lang ang pumasa with flying colors. She knows me so well that she can second-guess my next step; she even knows how to make my kind of coffee. She has endured much harrassment from my stressed out moments, as well as many hugs from my I'm-in-the-mood-for-a-bear-hug days. Call my house one day para marinig mo kung pano siya mag "Hello..." sa telephone. Hindi siya nauubusan ng ngiti sa bawat sulok ng pagkatao niya. Pag ikaw din dumaan sa stress at pagsubok, maa-appreciate mo ang ngiting 'yon.
|| kapihan sa kanto, 9:19 AM
|

Powered by Blogger