Mga kwento sa kapihan mula sa isang operadang di na nagkakape.
While you were gone:
I've been darning the socks that didn't need mending.
I've been banging the pots and pans cooking for nobody.
I've slept without remembering when or how or why.
So that when you reappear suddenly, out of the blue, as I know you will, and when I hold my breath in sweet anticipation as you fling the door wide open with your mighty hand and stand before me at the doorway,
and when your eyes survey the hollow of this house from roof to floor to wall to wall to wall and at last unseeing me sitting in the middle of it all, and when I gaze in wonder at you illuminated by the golden sunlight streaming into this empty home,
and when you finally, finally utter the first words in ten thousand years of nothing but pots and pans and laundry and soap operas -- when you finally, finally ask bluntly with hunting gear on one shoulder and prized game slung on the other:
"Where is that sock..."
Then, then I will readily raise the sock before you, offering it in worship, revealing ten thousand stitches, ten thousand stitches on a darned good sock to begin with.